Feeling Good Therapy and Training Center offers TEAM-CBT classes to mental health clinicians, students, and professionals in various health-related disciplines.
Feeling Good Therapy and Training Center is an approved provider of continuing education through American Psychological Association and California Psychological Association and maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Each quarter of training comes complete with 18 CE units, at no additional charge. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes CPA continuing education credit for license renewal for its licensees.
Our courses are designed with an attention to curriculum that builds competency and skill in TEAM-CBT. Attendance to all three quarters is strongly recommended and qualifies for a discount in tuition.
Our instructors are Dr. Karen Yeh, Psy.D. and Dr. Katie Dashtban, Psy.D. Both Karen and Katie are Certified Level 4 TEAM trainers.
Cost: $360 per quarter (5% discount for full-time graduate students or 3-course registration)
Quarter 1 Basics of TEAM-CBT
For beginners and those who wish to gain an understanding of the TEAM-CBT model from the beginning to end.
Online, 12 Thursdays (18 CE) August 31 – Nov 16, 2017, 10:00 - 11:30 A.M PST
Quarter 2 Refining TEAM-CBT
For beginner to intermediates who are ready to apply the model and to transition from the mechanics to refinement.
On-site in Fremont, CA 12 Wednesdays (18 CE) Aug 30 - Nov 15, 2017, 10:00 - 11:30 A.M PST
On-Line 12 Thursdays (18 CE) Jan 2 - March 22, 2018, 10:00 - 11:30 A.M PST
Quarter 3 TEAM-CBT Training (Available year long, in 12-week quarters)
For intermediates and above seeking to enhane their TEAM-CBT skills and develop the art of TEAM-CBT therapy in preparation for Level 3 Certification.
On-Line 12 Thursdays Aug 31- Nov 16, 2017, 12:00 - 1:30 P.M PST
On-Line 12 Thursdays Jan 2 - March 22, 2018, 12:00 - 1:30 P.M PST
On-Line 12 Thursdays April 12 - June 28, 2018, 12:00 - 1:30 P.M PST
On-Line 12 Thursdays Aug 30 - Nov 15, 2018 12:00 - 1:30 P.M PST
18 APA and CPA Approved continuing education units are awarded per completion of Basics and Intermediate, quarterly course. See our Attendance Policy for details.
What Participants Will Learn in Each Quarterly Course:
Quarter One Objectives: Basics of TEAM-CBT
- Learn to analyze pre- and post-session data from BMS and Therapist Evaluation
- Describe a set of tools for assessment and evaluation to begin therapy
- Demonstrate “5 Secrets of Effective Communication” empathy skills
- Utilize empathy skills to address empathy failures
- Use empathy to manage hopelessness and angry criticism expressed by patients to move beyond being stuck
- Use empathy to manage sexually provocative patient situations
- Name the four steps in Agenda Setting
- Utilize the “Magic Button” question to identify Outcome Resistance
- Identify sources of Outcome and Process Resistance for depression, anxiety, and relationship problems
- Issue an Invitation to work on a specifically identified problem
- Demonstrate concept of Open Hands
- Utilize the Daily Mood Log and Recovery Circle to formalize Agenda Setting and transition to Methods
Quarter Two Objectives: Refining TEAM-CBT
- Introduce the EASY and Brief Mood Survey to patients
- Utilize pre- and post-session data from BMS and Evaluation of Therapy to correct empathy failures
- Describe and demonstrate all six of the “5 Secrets of Effective Communication”
- Use the Disarm with difficult patients and in empathy failures
- Demonstrate use of empathy when an Invitation is not accepted
- Describe the four steps of Agenda Setting
- Utilize the “Magic Button” and “Magic Dial” to identify Outcome Resistance
- Demonstrate Voice of the Resistance technique in Agenda Setting
- Using Paradoxical Agenda Setting techniques in Motivation step of Agenda Setting
- Introduce the Daily Mood Log and Recovery Circle to patients
- Set up and demonstrate Identify the Distortions
- Set up and demonstrate a Compassion Technique: Double Standard
- Set up and demonstrate a Role Play Technique: Externalization of Voices
- Introduce concept of and set up Relapse Prevention for patients.
Quarter 3 TEAM-CBT training
This class meets live on-line for 12 weeks, three times a year. The purpose of this class is to help improve and solidify individuals' learnings in the Basics and Intermediate classes. Students can enjoy a variety of learning opportunities through personal work, case consultation, didactics, role plays, Q and A's, etc. This class also has been quite helpful for clinicians getting ready for the oral examination for certification as a Level 3 TEAM-CBT therapist.