Reaching out for help isn’t always easy.
But if you’re motivated to change what’s not working in your mental and physical health, it’s essential. To effectively get to the root of your issues and work towards healing, you need professional guidance from an experienced professional.
That’s where I come in, Dr. Dashtban, Psy.D.
A Little About Me
With over 20 years of experience, I’m a seasoned psychologist who believes in structured psychotherapy focusing on your specific needs. As a native Iranian-Canadian-American, I am a bilingual online psychologist and offer therapy in both Farsi and English.
Because I am a multicultural therapist, I understand the weight of intergenerational and cultural components of mental health and completed two years of cultural sensitivity training. I’m passionate about helping Iranian people and those of any culture, race, and gender with particular consideration for their individual needs.
My goal is to help you in a way that is meaningful to you.
Request a free consultation
and find out if I’m a good match
My Experience and How it Benefits You
As a Doctor of Psychology, you receive a higher level of care when you partner with me as your online therapist in California or Ontario. My education and training allow me to take brain science into consideration when treating you. I am fellowship trained in Health Psychology, which means incorporating a bio-psycho-social approach that focuses on how biological, psychological, and social factors affect health and illness.
As your online psychologist, I use only evidence and research-based techniques to treat your mood and anxiety problems rather than simply explore them as you would in talk therapy.
When you partner with me as your multicultural therapist in Ontario or California, you’ll experience results quickly.
- Masters of Science in clinical psychology from Middle Tennessee State University
- Doctorate degree in clinical health psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology in San Francisco, California.
- Completed pre-doctoral residency at the University of California in San Francisco (UCSF) Department of Psychosocial Medicine
- Earned two postdoctoral fellowships:
- Advanced Techniques of Cognitive Therapy: Level 4 Advanced TEAM-CBT with Dr. David Burns from Stanford University
- Pain Psychology from Kaiser Permanente San Francisco
- Experience in teaching and training at various universities and colleges residency/post-doctoral fellowship programs and public speaking throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
- Proficient in leading multiple group practices with accreditation from American Psychological Association in teaching, supervising, and offering consultation to junior therapists and the public at large.
Why Partner With Me as Your Online Psychologist in Ontario or California
I know you have choices when choosing an online therapist in California or Ontario. Finding the right combination of experience, appropriate therapeutic approach, and compassion can be challenging and time-consuming. You want to feel better, and you want to feel better as soon as possible.
I want that for you too.
You’re hurting. You feel alone, sad, anxious, and on edge. You need relief from your symptoms from someone who genuinely cares and is ready and able to help you find that relief. I’m compassionate, caring, empathetic, and experienced. And I’m here for you.
If you’re ready to make the changes I know you can make to improve your life, then we’re a good fit. I work with individuals and couples, offering online individual and couples therapy for:
- Women’s Health Issues
- Divorce Therapy
The bottom line is you come to me with a problem you don’t want to deal with any longer. And I can help you get there.